Calling All Students: P&G is Hiring a Public Relations Intern!
Nov 3, 2023
At Piper & Gold, we know we have the power to change our community — and our world — for the better. We show up every day committed to supporting a more just, equitable society through communications.
We produce award-winning public relations work (over 100 awards in the past five years!) with a belief there’s always room to improve. At P&G, we’re committed to using our skills for good and helping nonprofits, government agencies, associations and small businesses make a difference.
We’re looking to add a member to our team with an interest in writing, social media and marketing. The Public Relations Intern will work closely with our team and play a critical role in the creation of communications materials across multiple client accounts.
P&G is a boutique agency with elite clients who value our work and time. Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the effect it has had on our agency, we have created a remote-friendly environment. While we remain committed to our home state of Michigan, the P&G team is currently working fully remote. This position may work in different formats: fully remote or hybrid. With many of our clients based in Michigan, preference will go to individuals who are looking for a hybrid environment residing in the state of Michigan. For the right candidate, we will consider a permanent remote work arrangement.
We value your time and believe only in paid internships. We’re looking for an intern who can work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and preference will be given to those who can commit to at least a full year. The starting rate for our internships is $15 per hour.
Please note that the initial review of applications will begin on Nov. 20. Applications submitted after that date will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
WHAT DOES A PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN DO?
With so much to learn at P&G, we want to work with you to shape your internship experience to fit your skills and interests. Here are some of the many unique opportunities we offer our interns…
- Write. A lot. Columns, features, press releases, blog posts, social media posts, newsletters and magazine writing.
- Learn and refine how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogging and more to promote organizations and educate audiences.
- Work on daily social media maintenance and longer campaigns, including content development, some graphics (Canva or Adobe Suite) or video editing and analytics.
- Participate in outreach, marketing, events and research projects for nonprofits and government agencies.
- Support with media relations such as developing press releases, researching reporters and outlets, and building media lists for a range of clients.
- Get to know dozens of client organizations working in Michigan and beyond to effect social change.
- Learn alongside your colleagues through education sessions, webinars, workshops and other professional development opportunities.
- Attend team meetings and client working sessions.
WHO’S GOING TO BE A GOOD FIT?
- A current junior — or experienced and ambitious sophomore — college student is preferred. Please include your expected graduation date in the application materials.
- An exceptional writer. Must love AP style.
- A polished professional ready to engage directly with client contacts.
- A resourceful individual with a growth mindset.
- Someone with a voice and personality that translates to digital content.
- Someone who’s enthusiastic and confident but also organized and detail-oriented.
- Someone who’s independent and accountable.
- Someone who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Bonus points for previous internship experience!
Anticipated start date: January 8, 2024.
Ready to get started? Fill out your application here: https://form.jotform.com/232955435888170
Be sure to submit:
- Your cover letter and resume.
- A link to your portfolio or at least two samples of work relevant to the experience we’re looking for. Show us the work you are most proud of!
- Your major and anticipated graduation date.
Please contact Rachel Dauer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.