Join our team as a Branding & Marketing Intern
Jul 28, 2023
At Piper & Gold, we know we have the power to change our community — and our world — for the better. We show up every day committed to supporting a more just, equitable society through communications.
We produce award-winning public relations work (over 100 awards in the past five years!) with a belief there’s always room to improve. At P&G, we’re committed to using our skills for good and helping nonprofits, government agencies, associations and small businesses make a difference.
We’re looking to add a member to our team with an interest in digital marketing, social media, creative design and brand development. The Branding & Marketing Intern will work closely with our marketing team and play a critical role in the creation and implementation of P&Gs refreshed brand.
P&G is a boutique agency with elite clients who value our work and time. Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the effect it has had on our agency, we have created a remote-friendly environment. While we remain committed to our home state of Michigan, the P&G team is currently working fully remote. This position may work in different formats: fully remote or hybrid. With many of our clients based in Michigan, preference will go to individuals that are looking for a hybrid environment residing in the state of Michigan. For the right candidate, we will consider a permanent remote work arrangement.
We value your time and believe only in paid internships. We’re looking for an intern who can work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and preference will be given to those who can commit to at least a full year. The starting rate for our internships is $15 per hour.
Please note that the initial review of applications will begin on Aug. 14. Applications submitted after that date will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
What does a Branding & Marketing Intern do?
With so much to learn at P&G, we want to work with you to shape your internship experience to fit your skills and interests. Here are some of the many unique opportunities we offer our interns…
- Contribute to the strategic development of P&G’s brand, including social and digital media.
- Learn and refine how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogging and more to promote organizations and educate audiences.
- Schedule and design social media posts and campaigns, including content development, graphic design (Canva or Adobe Suite), video editing and monitoring social traffic and analytics.
- Assist in the development of a new website, including research, design and analytics.
- Aid in the promotion of Amp Coworking, an inclusive coworking space located within P&G’s home office.
- Support various marketing tasks, such as designing collateral and graphics for P&G and its clients, creating content for blog posts, identifying emerging media and providing perspective on adoption.
- Participate in outreach, marketing, events and research projects for P&G, nonprofits and government agencies.
- Support with media relations such as developing press releases, researching reporters and outlets, and building media lists.
- Learn alongside your colleagues through education sessions, webinars, workshops and other professional development opportunities.
- Attend team meetings and client working sessions.
Who’s going to be a good fit?
- A life-long learner with a passion for branding, entrepreneurship and website design, with experience in photography and using Canva and Adobe Suite.
- A resourceful individual with a growth mindset.
- Someone with a voice and personality that translates to digital content.
- Someone who’s enthusiastic and confident but also organized and detail-oriented.
- Someone who’s independent and accountable.
- Someone who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment.
- A college education is not required for this position, though we have found current college juniors — or experienced and ambitious sophomores — have the necessary skills for success.
- Bonus points for previous internship experience!
Anticipated start date: Sept. 11
Ready to get started? Fill out your application here. Be sure to submit:
- Your cover letter and resume.
- A link to your portfolio or at least two samples of work relevant to the experience we’re looking for. Show us the work you are most proud of!
- Your major and anticipated graduation date, if applicable.
Please contact Rachel Dauer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.