Win with Piper & Gold. Join our team as a PR student strategist.
Mar 19, 2019
What’s your definition of winning? Sure, we win awards for our work — lots of them, actually. But our definition of winning is making a difference and effecting real change and having a good time while doing it. We work our asses off and are proud of the impact the work we do has on our communities.
At Piper & Gold, we are committed to inspiring hope and leading change. We do this by standing up for our communities and for the organizations and people we serve. We stand up by finding the light in the darkness. Each of us has the power to be that light.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself, we’d love to have you as a part of our team! We are looking for a PR student strategist to assist in work on social media projects, writing and research, community involvement and so much more.
What does a PR student strategist do?
- Write. A lot. Column, feature, blog, newsletter and magazine writing.
- Work on social media projects like content development, photos, graphics, analytics and influencer engagement.
- Learn and refine how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogging and more for promoting organizations and educating publics.
- Work on promotional, writing and research projects for inspiring nonprofits and government agencies.
- Work on media research and building media lists for a range of clients.
- Get involved in the local PR community including Central Michigan Public Relations Society of America.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- A current senior college student (or junior with LOTS of experience).
- An exceptional writer. Must love AP style.
- Someone with a voice and personality that translates to digital content.
- Someone who’s enthusiastic and fabulous but organized and detail-oriented.
- Someone who’s independent and accountable.
- Bonus points for previous internship experience!
Also, we value your time and believe only in paid internships. We’re looking for a student who can work 15 to 30 hours per week starting in May.
Don’t we all want to wake up every day knowing we’re going to accomplish something that matters? If you’re ready to make a difference, submit your resume and a link to your portfolio or at least two samples of previous class or internship work of which you are proud to Cassie Cotton, Associate Strategist, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 8, 2019.